Why is AWS one of the highest-paid and most in-demand skills in the tech industry?
Why is it the go-to platform for engineers, IT professionals, and entrepreneurs around the world?
Today, almost every single company uses Cloud Computing in one way or another.
Keep reading to find out!
Here’s what we will discuss in this blog:
- What is AWS?
- Why does AWS Exist?
- Benefits of AWS
- Why Should YOU Learn AWS?
- How Do YOU Learn AWS Effectively?
Let’s start by answering…
What is AWS?
AWS is a Cloud Computing platform owned by Amazon that enables companies and individuals to store, access, and use computing resources and services over the internet, rather than having to maintain and manage their own hardware and software.
Not sure what Cloud Computing is, or how it works? Read this.
Launched in 2006, AWS was one of the first companies to offer a public cloud infrastructure. It provides a vast range of services, including computing power, storage, databases, analytics, machine learning, IoT, and much more. These services are hosted in data centers all over the world, allowing businesses to choose the locations that work best for them.
At the forefront of innovation, AWS is constantly inventing new technologies that transform and disrupt the industry. Today, it is the most widely used cloud platform in the world, trusted by companies both large and small.
Why does AWS Exist?
AWS was created to simplify the IT infrastructure of businesses. Traditionally, businesses had to buy and maintain their own server hardware and software, which was both time-consuming and expensive.
AWS simplified the process by allowing businesses to rent access to servers, storage, and other computing services on a pay-as-you-go basis. Additionally, businesses could adjust their usage based on their needs, instead of provisioning too much or too little.
As a result, companies no longer have to invest heavily in IT infrastructure upfront, letting them focus more on their products and services.
Benefits of AWS
AWS offers a multitude of benefits to businesses and individuals alike. These include:
- Cost Savings: With AWS, you only pay for what you use, with no upfront costs or long-term commitments. This saves a fortune if you compare it with the traditional way – where companies had to invest in expensive IT infrastructure. Furthermore, AWS also provides the ability to scale your resources up or down as your needs change, further reducing costs.
- Scalability: AWS offers an elastic computing infrastructure that you use to scale services up or down, to instantly grow and shrink capacity as your business needs change. This ensures that your system can handle any increase in demand without any impact on performance while optimizing cost.
- Agility: Instead of waiting for weeks or months to buy, configure and deploy servers by yourself, you can get instant access to computing services over the Internet with AWS. Businesses can build their applications and reach their customer magnitudes faster than what was possible before – accelerating innovation!
- Security: AWS is built to be secure, with an array of security tools and features that are designed to protect your data and applications. These include data encryption, threat detection, identity and access management, network security, etc. The core AWS infrastructure is built to satisfy the security needs of governments, the military, global banks, and other highly-sensitive organizations.
- Reliability: AWS services are reliable, and are designed with fault-tolerance and high availability in mind so that your applications remain available and performant even in the face of failures. This is achieved through various practices such as the use of multiple data centers, auto-scaling, load-balancing, continuous monitoring, redundancy, automated backups and failover mechanisms, and so on.
- Largest Community: As the first mainstream cloud platform, AWS has a large and growing community of users and partners, providing access to a wealth of knowledge, support, jobs, and resources. This community also provides opportunities for collaboration and networking, as well as access to a vast ecosystem of tools and services.
Why Should YOU Learn AWS?
AWS is one of the most sought-after skills in the tech industry. Here are just a few reasons why learning AWS is a smart move:
- In-demand skills: Cloud computing is one of the fastest-growing industries, and AWS is a leading provider of cloud services. AWS skills are in high demand and can open up exciting career opportunities in a variety of fields, including Software Development, DevOps, Machine Learning, Big Data, etc.
- High-paying jobs: Professionals well versed in AWS get paid top dollars by companies. An average AWS Solutions Architect makes over $150k/year in the US, according to Glassdoor. AWS certifications can help you stand out in the job market and command a premium salary.
- High-impact role: With skills in AWS, you can make a direct impact on a company’s bottom line. By leveraging the power of cloud computing, you can help businesses save time, money, and resources, and accelerate product development. This makes you a valuable asset in any organization.
- Massive learning potential: AWS offers a wide range of services and tools, and the platform is constantly evolving with new features and innovations. Learning AWS can be an exciting and rewarding experience, with endless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills.
How Do YOU Learn AWS Effectively?
With so many online resources available, it can be overwhelming to figure out where to start, what to learn, how to learn, and how to apply them in the real world. While many resources provide theory, they often lack practical guidance.
That’s where TechMormo comes in. Our goal is to simplify DevOps topics, help you master them, and guide you every step of the way. With the TechMormo Newsletter, you’ll be notified of new on-demand learning resources, often accompanied by hands-on projects and practical skills that you can apply right away.
So, what are you waiting for?
Sign up for the TechMormo Newsletter to start learning AWS and other cutting-edge DevOps topics! 📬
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel too. 🎥
In summary, AWS is a powerful platform that offers many benefits to businesses and individuals alike. With its scalability, cost-effectiveness, security, and more, AWS is the ideal solution for businesses looking to simplify their IT infrastructure by embracing the Cloud.
Learning AWS is also a smart move for individuals looking to learn new skills, grow their careers, and get highly paid in the tech industry. Subscribe to TechMormo to accelerate your learning RIGHT NOW!
Thank you for reading!
We have a LOT more exciting DevOps content on the way! 🙌
See you at the next one.
Be bold and keep learning.
But most importantly,
Leave a Reply